Share to mobile™
Effective January 1, 2011
Mogreet, Inc. ("Mogreet", we, us, or our) is committed to respecting the privacy rights and concerns of
- people who use our services to send or receive text or video messages (our "Mobile Services"), including anyone using Mogreet-created browser plugins, widgets, apps, or other front-end tools (the "Tools") to send a message using the Mobile Services; and
- visitors to mogreet.com, connect.mogreet.com, moShare.com, and our other affiliated websites (the "Sites").
There may also be Terms and Conditions governing the use of the specific Mobile Service(s), Tool(s), and / or Site(s) that you are using. Please read them.
Information We Collect, and How We Use It
Mogreet collects personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, and collects or creates other data that is not tied to your personal information. The following describes the type of information we collect and how we collect it.
"Personal Information" is information that someone could use to uniquely identify, contact, or locate you - such as your name, mobile phone number, or email address.
1.) Information You Explicitly Give Us:
If you use the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites to send or receive a SMS or MMS message:
- The sender must provide us with the mobile phone number of the recipient so that we can deliver the message.
- We may require the sender's mobile phone number as an anti-spam measure. This involves sending a text message to sender's number and requiring a response before allowing further use of the Mobile Services. We will store those responses so that we don't have to repeat this verification process each time.
- We may include the sender's mobile phone number in the message to the recipient, so that they know who it is from.
- If you send us a message "opting in" to a Mobile Service, such as a Client's weekly video update, we will save your mobile phone number and the "campaign" you elected to receive.
- If you "opt out" of receiving messages from a specific Mobile Service or Client, we store that information in order to comply with your request.
2.) Information You May Not Know You Give Us:
When using the Mobile Services:
- When you use the Mobile Services from a mobile device - such as texting in a keyword such as "sale" to a one of our shortcodes -- we automatically collect your mobile phone number so that we can pass it to the recipient (other uses of the Mobile Services will require that the sender enter their phone number, as described above).
- Prior to delivering a multimedia message (MMS) via the Mobile Services, we query the carrier's systems in order to collect information about the recipient's mobile carrier and, where possible, their phone make and model. We do this to format the content properly. We store this information to speed processing of subsequent messages.
- When you send a text, image, audio or video message through the use of the Mobile Services, we access the content of these messages and retain these messages in order to process your request to transmit the message.
- After delivery, some message data is retained for analysis, customer service, quality assurance, billing, or proof of performance for our commercial customers.
- When using the Tools, such as a browser plugin or widget, to send a message using the Mobile Services, the Tool may, in addition to the information above, send us data about its version number, host browser, other data necessary to function properly, the number of times it has been used, and other similar analytic information.
When visiting our Sites, we collect the following information to better understand how visitors are using them and to improve their utility:
- Our sites may have images or small "pixel tags" on webpages that allow us to gather data such as IP address of the device viewing the webpage, time spent viewing the page, and other similar data.
- Links on our Sites may be in a format that allows us to count how many times a particular link has been followed.
- Our servers automatically record "log file" information that your browser sends when you visit the Sites. This information includes your numeric Internet Protocol address, your computer's or mobile device's operating system, your browser type and version, any link you clicked to come to our site, pages you requested, files you downloaded, and the date and time.
We use this information about Site activity to:
- restore saved preferences and otherwise personalize your experience based on your previous visits,
- speed login
- identify new or repeat visitors
- serve advertising or other content which we think might interest you,
- understand where our site traffic comes from and goes to;
- help us understand how our visitors use the site and to improve the user experience,
- deal with technical problems or customer service issues.
3.) Information We Obtain from Third Parties:
When using the Mobile Services and Tools:
- We work with third parties to collect the information necessary to deliver, confirm delivery, (optionally) bill, and report on messages sent using the Mobile Services. The data we exchange includes the recipient's mobile phone number, wireless services carrier and device; in some cases, the sender's mobile phone number and wireless carrier; the price of the message, if any; the content of the message; the delivery status of the message; and other information necessary to delivery the message. We may retain this data in non-personally identifiable form (so your name, if we have it, won't be linked to the transaction) in order to respond to customer service issues, track delivery, speed subsequent transactions, and to improve our product.
- Third parties may use our application programming interfaces (APIs) to send us the information necessary for us to send or receive messages on their behalf.
- Our commercial Clients may send us information, including mobile phone numbers, about people who have agreed to receive messages from them, so that we may use the Mobile Services to deliver messages on the Client's behalf.
- We may collect information from any Tool used to access the Mobile Services, such as a widget hosted on a third-party website.
When visiting our Sites:
- We may rely on third parties such as Google Analytics to collect and / or analyze website visitor statistics and log file information generated by our systems.
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information from marketing and content partners related to the performance of their content on the Sites.
- We may use information from social networks to speed login / authentication, and may integrate information you have allowed them to share, such as your address book, into the Mobile Services, Tools, and Sites in order to improve your experience.
Mogreet takes measures reasonably necessary to protect against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or deletion of personally identifiable information. The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers which are located in secured collocation facilities with restricted physical and network access. Our hardware, applications, databases, and networks are protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of the information they contain. We restrict access to personal information under our control to Mogreet employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Mobile Services, Tools, and Sites, all of whom are bound by agreements requiring them to keep all our data, including personal information, confidential. The consequences of a breach of this confidentiality obligation may include termination and criminal prosecution.
Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems and those of our service providers. However, Mogreet can not protect user information all along the multi-party delivery chain. No server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of any of the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
Sharing of Information
1.) Delivery of Messages Using the Mobile Services
Any third party involved with the delivery of text or video messages via our Tools, or Sites may have access to some of your information. This may include an ISP, when information is submitted over the web; other data networks over which the message and information about the message travels; our colocation partners, who run our servers; any 'content delivery networks' we use to speed delivery of content; mobile 'aggregators' who deliver information (including messages) from Mogreet to the mobile carriers; the sender's mobile carrier; and the recipient's mobile carrier. Some of these organizations may have their own independent access to personal information about you.
2.) Recipients of Person-to-Person Messages Using the Mobile Services
If you are an individual using one of our Mobile Services such as 'moShare' to send a message, we may transmit your validated mobile phone number to the recipient so they know who is sending the message to them.
3.) Other Service Providers
Besides the service providers necessary to deliver the Mobile Services, we may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing and / or delivering other information to you. These may include third parties that we use to send:
- promotional, marketing, and other messages that you have opted to receive from us or our clients,
- messages to you in response to your request for support or information, or
- alerts, newsletters or other information about the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites that you have opted to receive
4.) Our Commercial Clients
If you provided information, such as a mobile phone number or information you filled out on a web form, in order to receive communications from one of our commercial clients, we may share that information with that specific client at their request in order for them to deliver the specific information you requested.
Clients have online access to aggregated (anonymous, non-personally identifiable) information about messages sent or received using the Mobile Services on their behalf, including quantity sent, delivered, date and time, keywords used (if any), sending and receiving area code, and similar information.
5.) Potential Clients, the Press, and Public
We may share demographic and other anonymous information in aggregated (i.e., not personally identifiable) form with third parties such as clients, prospective clients, industry trade groups, and the press. This anonymous information may include, for example, trends, preferences, and other collective characteristics of our users. Disclosure of this information serves to help us and our marketing partners evaluate and tailor our communications, advertisements, services and general business practices to the needs of users of the Mobile Services, Tools, and Sites.
6.) Legal and Related Reasons
We will share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that:
- access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities
- such action is appropriate to enforce the Terms of Service for the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites, including any investigation of potential violations thereof,
- such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites, or
- such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Mogreet, its employees, users of the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites, or others.
Communicating With You
We may send you email, text messages, or other communication in order to:
- Deliver messages you signed up for by texting in to one of our shortcodes or filling in a web form or widget;
- Contact you about matters related to your account or your use of the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites;
- To reply to a message (email or some other communication) that you sent to us;
- If you have elected to receive certain types of communication from us, such as an email or MMS newsletter;
- If one of our third party service providers needs to contact you in order to resolve a problem for instance, if a carrier failed to deliver a message to you. Such providers must agree not to otherwise contact you and to not share your personal information without your permission.
Opting Out of Receiving Communications from Us
You may opt out of receiving future communications by doing one of the following:
- Follow the opt out directions included in the messages we send. For text messages, simply reply STOP. Other methods include clicking the unsubscribe link in a newsletter, or opting out of receiving alerts;
- If available, fill out a unsubscribe web form on the Mogreet.com website;
- Send a request to email@example.com detailing which communications you no longer want to receive and which email address(se) or mobile phone number(s) the opt out applies to;
- Send a written request to the following mailing address: Mogreet, Inc., Suite G, 555 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291.
We may choose not to fulfill any request that we determine is unreasonable, unduly burdensome or impractical or that constitutes a threat to the privacy or rights of others.
Information You Share Publicly
Third Party Sites
Notice to Users Located Outside the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us or we collect (as described above) will be transferred to the United States. By using the Mobile Services, Tools, and / or Sites, you consent to such transfer, and understand that the U.S. may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
Our Sites are intended for general audiences and no portion of them is directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect personal identifying information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of the Sites is under 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information we have collected through the Sites relating to that user.
Changes in our business may result in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Mogreet's assets, including the personal information we collected from you through your use of the Mobile Services, Tools, or Sites. If Mogreet or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
Effective Date and Changes
California Privacy Rights
Questions? Contact Us
- Mogreet, Inc.
- Suite G
- 555 Rose Ave.
- Venice, CA 90291